2006-11-14

i want to leave the things familiar
detour from this ordinary life
touch the ground that's off the beaten path
discover my maker's route

let go of this map of my own creation
follow blindly where he leads
see the world through his eyes
and remove the scales placed
by my own expectations

take off this yoke of my own doing
don those heavenly wings
to soar and rise to new heights
heights that i've never seen

release me now from this leash
this tether placed by duty
unlock the door
and let the light shine through
even if it threatens to blind me

i long for heavenly things
those mysteriously divine muses
which words cannot fully contain
nor imagination encompass completely

sing to me your celestial songs
stir in me your haunting prose
speak oh voice of majesty
tell me your story once more

let your words rip through me
tear me apart with your grace
crack this thick, calloused skin
and seep into me deeply

piece me together as you will
and though you know i'll fight it
rewrap this package
cover it with your grace

let me ne'er forget
that your hand has always been nigh
pushing and prodding
leading me to this path i've yet to see

oh beacon of hope
oh hope of glory and life
lead me on
and guide me through your unfamiliar

1 comment:

Allie, Dearest said...

i like your poetry!