2006-11-06

i've heard your voice calling out
from the day of my creation
it was muffled though
deadened by my innate transgressions
sins of a father and of a mother, too
sins of a fallen world encroaching
threatening to break through
and yet you remind me that i am saved,
i am made new

i am clean you say -
your blood - like water - rinsing me pure
but my heart can't wrap itself around it
too many sins and mistakes i'm sure
i will be ashamedly candid
and wonder how it could be
that love would come
so swift, so softly
yet still so powerful to save me

can i really unload this guilt upon you?
receive your blood and body broken?
my mind races.
why would you?
how could you?
save a wretch like me

yet i will praise you, my saviour, my Lord
for it's from infinite grace you've spoken
and from the depths of myself
you have saved me
restored this thread-bare soul
lifted me up from this oppression

and i am new

No comments: