2006-09-03

Dear Sister...

[Edited: 2006/9.03]

the night lingers
dawn wrestles to rise
she's a bit groggy this morn
as she rubs the sleep from off her eyes

it's time to shake off the dust she thinks to herself
wipe the cobwebs clean from my mind
the day is calling
and it's time to start anew, to enter into the daily grind


but i urge you to look on with hope, dear sister
to the opportunities that lay ahead
"i would, but you see...
it's so hard to get out of bed!"

press on, dear sister
for though you aren't aware
you are where you were meant to be
more today than the day before

you are in the process of becoming
and believe me when i say
though it may seem to have only been a moment
you are more you now than you were just yesterday

so press on, dear sister
for grace and mercy are arising
with you and for you
faithfully fresh and new each beautiful morning

so i urge you
to please hear my plea
stand tall and walk on, dear sister
embrace the life and the morn that is calling you to become your very best ME

[I originally wrote the above one morning as I was struggling to get out of bed to make it to morning prayer. It was the first day that I could remember waking up before the sun]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this one. it really speaks to me....