2006-09-09

who will speak into this heart of mine?
who will call it his prized desire?
who could challenge this love divine -
this love which creation's fall inspired?

from where will you come?
which path will lead me home to you?
when will Your will be done?
til then, Your hand i will strive to cling to

Lord, i need your light to guide me
out of these dark times i have traversed
shine bright onto this road, up and out of this valley
save me from this path and this self-imposed curse

i need Thee every hour
though too often i forget
you have promised on oath salvation's power
to redeem and fulfil til every need and want is met

i am weak, Lord, i need not confess
for You see plainly into this heart
still somehow beauty You find in this mess
as You hold me close, your love for me to impart

what could i have done to be honored like this
to sit at the King's table
to be rescued from death's steely kiss
the cost to save this life found now justifiable?

No comments: